Old 14-07-2008, 05:33 AM posted to rec.gardens
Zootal[_3_] Zootal[_3_] is offline

Default String trimmer frustration

My solution to string that kept jamming was to use a heavier string. I'm
using .095 string (I think - whatever the heaviest string you can use, that
is what I'm using). All of my jamming problems went away. With the thinner
string, it kept jamming in the reel when it was half empty. Try a name brand
(even if it's expensive) heavy line, and see if that helps. If not, then
it's quite possible there is something wrong with your trimmer. FWIW, mine
is a Muculloch (sp?).

"ctlady" wrote in message
Can anyone offer any suggestions for the purchase of a decent brand of
string trimmer where the line doesn't keep jamming? Or a suggestion
to keep the line from jamming? I have tried everything from throwing
away the half-full reel because I can't get it to release more line
over and over again during a weed whacking session. I've re-wound
the reel also but nothing works. It'll work beautifully until I need
another shot of line but it always gets stuck. Mine is a Toro 15"
electric trimmer.