Old 14-07-2008, 05:11 PM posted to rec.gardens
Bill[_13_] Bill[_13_] is offline

Default Long time no read

In article
,
"Dan L." wrote:

In article ,
Ann wrote:

Charlie expounded:

On 13 Jul 2008 16:36:41 -0700, Ann wrote:

Hi all fellow wreck.gardeners!

I haven't been on newsgroups all summer. I can't keep up with it all.
Plus
I've really gone over to forums, the info is good, the camaraderie nice,
topics
are focused, etc.

There's a new garden forum called The Easy Garden here
http://www.theeasygarden.com/forum/index.php . It's branched off from
the
Backyard Chickens forum that I've been busy with, having just put my 15
new
babies into their coop out back. We've been busy getting the girls (and
three
boys, unfortunately, they'll have to go, no roosters allowed here due to
the
proximity of neighbors, not law or anything) settled, moving gardens,
putting in
new ones, making pathways, etc. If you're interested in sharing about
gardens
like we do here, come on over. We can post pictures freely (properly
sized, of
course!) and share info with like-minded gardeners. Just thought I'd
give
head's up to a nice alternative.

Take care, all, and I hope to see a few of you there!

Ann (new chicken owner, beekeeper, and always hardcore gardener!)

Is this "forum" moderated? Can we talk economics and the need for
gardening as a revolutionary act and political statement? May Bill,
Billy, and Charlie come and play in your "forum"?

Which few of us would you like to see in your "forum"? As far as
sharing info with like-minded gardeners, who/what qualifies as
like-minded? Is there a quiz or sumpthin' to determine if we are like
minded? Some Board of Approverators?

Giving up on usenet, eh, Ann? It's dying anyway, so who the fsck
cares. According to some recent articles, the Army is taking up
monitoring the internet for subversives? Is growing your own a
subversive act, I wonder, and can this be discussed on your new
"forum"? Do you know something that we proles need to know? Are you
abandoning The Usenet because of dangerous associations?

Heh heh, I just looked at your "forum" rules, regulations, and such
stuff...registration, automatic newsletter, yada, yada....the usual
horseshit and loss of privacy.

"It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood......"

Have fun in PollyannaLand, Ann.

Charlie

"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in
moral philosophy: that is the search for a superior moral justification
for selfishness."
-- John Kenneth Galbraith

As sweet as ever, aren't you, Charlie? Loss of privacy has me
stumped. No, your reactionary bullshit wouldn't be welcome, but your
gardening knowledge would be. Can't be nice, can you? Oh well. Yes,
I'm leaving usenet because I have no time in my life for negative
energy. Enjoy wallowing in it!

Loss of privacy - meaning: Are you going to sell the users mail and
email address to junk mailers so you can profit at the expense of others
miss fortunes of getting lots of junk mail.

Taking free existing knowledge and repackaging it for sale?

One needs both, Negative and Positive energy to create a useful balanced
circuit as in life. They go hand in hand. Hens but not one Rooster -
that is just soooo wrong - how unbalanced in life is that. I love that
crowing sound in the morning - It is the sound of a balanced life.

Restricting ones free speech IS bullshit !!!
Long live the Usenet !!!!

Enjoy Life ... Dan

http://www.lyricsfreak.com/f/frank+sinatra/love+marriage_20056073.html

Bill who wonders if the lord of lords would let this thru. They must
be all knowing so the potential for growth is defined and ready for
sale. This doesnąt have much to do with gardens. Yet helping the
garden grow then destroying it harvest we call it. Shows up in a
round about way. Want to have someone control what to think? Gary
Snyder would say the body must be broken for life. Iąd say we must
create or have creation prepared for us. But I digress.

--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA