Old 07-04-2003, 09:44 PM
Nick Maclaren

Default Chicken Manure. Is it safe?

In article ,
Kay Easton wrote:
In article , Michael Berridge
writes

Current treatment of Cholera seems mainly to be replacement of the fluid
loss, which is what kills. The disease is easily shrugged off if you do
not get dehydrated. So yes, it would attack everywhere, and at that time
there would be no replacement that was not itself contaminated with the
disease. The 'magic mixture' is nothing more that water with salt and
glucose added. often given as an IV drip in hospitals, but can easily be
made from your kitchen should you ever need to treat someone.

Very useful for bad tummy bug with diarrhoea. Someone correct me if I'm
wrong, but ISTR glass of water with 1 teaspoon of sugar and 1/4 teaspoon
of salt.

For a short period. You can cause yourself quite serious trouble by
replacing only water and sodium if you have a serious bout of that
sort of thing. But I do mean serious. A better solution (groan) is
to use one of the fancy sports drinks, which contain something closer
to an appropriate balance of sodium, potassium etc. Such as the
Japanses drink, Pocari Sweat.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.