Old 14-07-2008, 07:20 PM posted to alt.agriculture.fruit,rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible,sci.agriculture.fruit
JS JS is offline

Default Asian pear question

I have few asian pear trees on my backyard (Hosui and 20th century).
According the information I found on the internet, the harvest time for the fruits is mid-August,
Does this mean they become totally ripened at that time? or it is time to pick them up, and bring inside
the house - to prevent insect damage ?

I have noticed last year that insects destroyed several fruits. Does this mean I picked them too late
in the season?

Thanks in advance,

JIMMY