Old 14-07-2008, 07:53 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default help

"beccabunga" wrote in message

patbu;803858 Wrote:
i have grown a yellow flower from seed,it is about 1 metre tall and the
base covers about 18 ins, the flowers bloom in the evening and then die
off through the course of the next day,someone told me it was a day lily
but the pictures i have look at have differant leaves to mine ,i dont
know how to add photos for help with identifing this plant HELP.

Sounds like an evening primrose - Oenothera http://tinyurl.com/5kyx9f

My dad always told me that the evening primrose was so called because its
flowers only opened in the evening. That hasn't been my experience.

Mary