Old 14-07-2008, 09:23 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Derek Broughton Derek Broughton is offline

Default 12 volt pond pumps

Pete C wrote:

How about part PV, part wind power?
http://www.unlimited-power.co.uk/Aer...enerators.html

For instance. When it's sunny, it's rarely very windy.

Do they teach that in meteorology school?

You get wind in
poor weather.............all night too

I guess it's true that it isn't "very" windy on sunny days here, but it
tends to be windy enough. otoh, when it's stormy, it's often _too_ windy
to get any power. My 400W South West Wind Air-X stops operating completely
in most real storms, and gets blown around by wind gusts in lesser weather,
so it generates the most power on windy but stormless days.

A wind turbine is a cheaper alternative than solar panels, but solar panels
won't annoy your neighbours, shouldn't be restricted by any local
ordinances, and requires _much_ less maintenance. I'm on my second, as I
broke the first one.
--
derek