Old 15-07-2008, 12:36 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
JB[_1_] JB[_1_] is offline

Default Raccoons Got Me

Can I give you my water moccasin to keep them away? ;-)

"~ jan" wrote in message
Sorry to hear this. My experience with "coons" is similar to my
experience
with squirrels in that once they find a source of food they will keep
returning. And, no matter what you try they, will always come up with a
"work around".
JB

I'm hoping not. Course I feed the squirrels and lately I've found their
numbers diminishing since I changed to very few peanuts mostly sunflower
seeds. Perhaps they've found a better source? Works for me.

So far two nights without an obvious visit from the masked critters... but
I've heard it can take them days to go full circle on their territory.

The first raccoon visit I ever had back in 2000, made a mess of the pond,
but other than scraping the fish didn't get any. Put the motion sprinkle
up
and never had a problem till now. So I am worried that they've been "fed".
Cars are their only predators around here I'm afraid. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us