Old 15-07-2008, 06:01 AM posted to rec.gardens
paghat[_2_] paghat[_2_] is offline

Default Long time no read

In article , Ann
wrote:

Billy expounded:

This isn't going to be a long dramatic good-bye is it? There must be a
drama forum, somewhere, that you could save it for. You had information
for us. You gave it. We thank you for it. Go or stay, as you like, but
this circling the drain is boring.

Hey, Billy, who died and made you king?

He did. Can't you smell the corpse? He makes one or two good points even so.

Oh, that's right, no one. I
was speaking to Dan. No drama, just conversation . You have the
option to ignore me, something you have never been able to do. Why
not try it now?

And it's your option to ignore Billy. Still, the query was about how you
manage to claim you're leaving usenet time and again but are still here
still complaining about crap hardly worthy of notice. For Billy it
actually qualifies as a reasonable question. I hope you really have
changed your mind about leaving, though frankly, if you're present or not
I might not notice. If usenet's boring or annoying, stepping away from
it's easy.

I leave periodically if I realize I'm spending more than an hour a day.
The time can build up. I use most of my computer time for actual paying
work (not all of it pays well but if it pays anything at all I'll do it
for hours on end. I poke into a smaller and smaller number of newsgroups
to keep from wasting whole days. At the moment rec.gardens is the ONLY
usenet group I'm looking at, but I'm on a couple slightly private boards
for literature and films and whatnot that interest me topically. So
leaving usenet doesn't have to be a "I hate you! I'm leaving!" sort of
thing, it can be more like leaving a touristy alligator farm cuz how many
times can you sit there watching some one-armed dumbass wrastle a gator.

-paghat the ratgirl
--
visit my temperate gardening website:
http://www.paghat.com