Old 15-07-2008, 03:13 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Pavel314 Pavel314 is offline

Default Extending The Potato Season

I've been planting potatoes for a number of years with good results but
wondered if there is some way to keep potatoes growing longer. Here in
Maryland, U.S.A., the potato plants start to die back in late August. When
they're totally withered, I harvest the tubers in the hills.

However, growing season continues on for a couple of months. Is there any
way to encourage the potato plants to hang around until early October and
maybe produce a few more tubers?

Paul