Old 15-07-2008, 05:15 PM posted to rec.gardens
beecrofter[_2_] beecrofter[_2_] is offline

Default Something is eating my Datura

On Jul 15, 7:07*am, DurhamRanger DurhamRanger.
wrote:
The leaves of my datura are being eaten, leaving the veins untouched. *I
have examned the plant and cannot see any of the usual pests (spider
mite, mealy bugs, aphids or caterpillars). *I suspect earwigs but would
like some help please.

--
DurhamRanger

Place a pan or trash can lid of soapy water beneath the plant, the
culprit will fall in and you can begin to decide, rule out aphids,
spider mites and mealies because they eat by piercing/sucking. Think
Japanese beetle/ caterpillar or other CHEWING insects.