Old 15-07-2008, 05:19 PM posted to rec.gardens
beecrofter[_2_] beecrofter[_2_] is offline

Default composting

On Jul 14, 12:07*pm, "Bob" wrote:
I have an half acre, I sweep my lawn ever week and have a nice size mound of
grass. I will have alot of leaves this fall. I was wondering the best way to
compost these. We are building rasied beds for the garden we are going to
grow next year.
Thanks Bob

Time to buy a mulching blade for your mower and improve the soil of
your lawn while reducing the need for additional fertilizer and
irrigation.
If you pile damp organic material out in the weather it will rot. You
can get a nice hot compost with leaves and clippings.
Or you can just add them to the paths betweeen your raised beds and
when they rot away add the resulting compost to your beds.