Old 15-07-2008, 07:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Muddymike Muddymike is offline

Default Wormery Vs Compost bin?

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message

In article ,
"John T" writes:

| I aways thought the theory was to do with rats, and as Kay says too
much fat
| can do harm to the compost gremlins, to say nothing of the salt and
other
| things that is probably added.

The original old wife's tale was, indeed, rats - but there seems to
be no basis for it.

People whose waste food contains large amounts of fat and salt have
problems that are rather more serious than composting ones ....

I would have thought those who don't throw out the fat would have the
problems...

Mike