Old 15-07-2008, 08:04 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Mower problem

On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 16:17:09 +0100, Matchman
wrote:

Hi!
This is my first post to this site. I have an old Lawnflite 548 ride on
mower.Starts Ok and runs but when I mow my sloping field it plays up. I
mow across, and it is ok if leaning slightly to the left, but when I
turn and it is leaning to the right it splutters, won't rev and then
stalls. As a result I have to mow forwards then backwards which is a
nuisance. It has only recently starting doing this. Can anyone help?
Thanks

Loosen the gas cap a turn or so. See if it continues. Use a paper
clip/wire to clear the small vent hole in the cap. It could be
clogged.

Of course, make sure the fuel tank is nearly filled. Not familiar with
the engine, but I had this problem once and it was the fuel cap not
venting.