Old 16-07-2008, 02:18 AM posted to alt.agriculture.fruit,rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible,sci.agriculture.fruit
Tom J Tom J is offline

Default Asian pear question

JS wrote:
Tom, I posted one of the hosui that I believe is damaged by
insects. I would love
to hear your comments.
Here is the image: http://i35.tinypic.com/2809wn.jpg
I cleaned it all out, and then it was very sweet and tasty though
!!

Just as I expected. These are ready for harvesting now.

I also have a 20th-century pear which so far I don't have an
"insect"
problem yet. Here is the image: http://i36.tinypic.com/zjxu89.jpg

These haven't started changing color yet. They are still green and
insects are like us, they don't like green fruit for the most part.

Tom J