Old 16-07-2008, 02:19 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Wil Wil is offline

Default Teas

On Jul 15, 4:49*am, Simon wrote:
On Jul 14, 7:33 pm, Billy wrote:

Wondering about the hype behind manure/compost teas. Having used
it liberally (20 gal. batches) a couple of times with no obvious
benefit, I'm scratching my head and wondering if it is worth the
effort.

Anybody with a comment?
--

Billy
Bush and Pelosi Behind Barshttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9KVTfcAyYGg&ref=patrick.nethttp://www....

I never understood why people make compost teas. *why not just put the
compost around the ground? it seems like a lot of work to make the
teas which seem to me like trying to force the compost/manure to
release nutrients faster (dissolve in water, adding bacteria and
increasing o2 flow) , when plants generally like slow release
fertilizers.

Simon

I read somewhere (take it for what it's worth) that spraying compost
tea on the leaves prevents critters from from eating and spreading
deseases on your plants. I also read that you must use the tea within
1 few hours of brewing it. Like I said, I read this somewhere and I'm
just too much of a noob at this to know if it works or not.

Wil