Old 16-07-2008, 02:39 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Raccoons Got Me

On Tue, 15 Jul 2008 10:38:58 EDT, wrote:

My experience is that just as you begin to relax again, they return. At
first sign of a raccoon visit, I get out my trap, and then when they do
return, I trap one after another and relocate to a local park in the
Rockies. After a few weeks of cartching nothing, I place the trap back to
the garage.
John Darnielle
Zone 4b

I must be slow to relax. :-\

They were back last night. I was up at 4am to do a check. Only way I knew
they were back was one plant was at the bottom. Nothing else disturbed, no
fish taken. I think that 2nd sprinkler scared them off as they weren't
expecting that. Since it looks like they came from the street side rather
than the backyard we've got a new surprise for them. A 3rd sprinkler that
will hit them as soon as they come under the gate.

What do you bait your trap with, and don't you catch a lot of neighbor's
cats? ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds:
www.jjspond.us