Old 17-07-2008, 01:06 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
brian mitchell brian mitchell is offline

Default fruit acidity

echinosum wrote:

Apple juice concentrate is of course high in sugar. It may be fruit
sugar rather than sucrose, but it is still sugar. So thinking you are
making something "low sugar" because you are using apple concentrate
rather than cane/root sugar is not true.

I do seem to remember hearing that fructose was easier on the digestive
systems than sucrose, but one hears a lot of things. I believe one of
the reasons for the apple juice concentrate is the additional pectin
because low sugar jams don't set as well, but probably sweetness as
well.

--
echinosum