Old 17-07-2008, 01:34 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Anne Welsh Jackson Anne Welsh Jackson is offline

Default Plum & Greengage trees

Sandy wrote:

I'm planning to plant two trees in my garden and would like to have one
of each of greengage and plum. Can anyone recommend a self-fertilising
species of each or would simply having the two trees of similar fruit
satisfy the need for cross pollination?

Do they need cross-pollination? I never had any problems with my
greengage - except finding the fruit at the top, since it was the same
colour as the leaves. The wasps invariably found the fruit before I did!

--
AnneJ