Old 17-07-2008, 07:57 AM posted to aus.gardens
FarmI FarmI is offline

Default Poppy issue

"0tterbot" wrote in message

an increasing
number of municipal tips will either allow you a discreet bit of foraging
or (more commonly now) they sell all the good stuff seperately nearby -

Our local tip has lots of signs saying "No Scavenging" but we still do it as
do lots of others. And, if you can't find what you want, you put in an
order with the tip attendant and he usually produces it next time you go
there.

My husband gave his bike pump away to some dopy Dutch tourist who had a flat
at our front gate (miles from the nearest garage and with no puch bike pump
on her bike). It took 2 weeks for the tip attendant to produce a pump, just
after my husband had bought a new one.