Old 17-07-2008, 02:51 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
[email protected] pakrat@usenet.pr.neotoma.org is offline

Default Test for Gene

On Thu, 17 Jul 2008 07:23:41 -0400 in v_coerulea wrote:

And to put some perspective on things...

http://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/software/inn/docs-2.4/
is the set of documentation for the news server software I used to run.
Commercial software such as typhoon tends to be of similar
complexity.

That's just the software.
Then there's negotiating the colocation facility if you don't have
business class internet connectivity at home or a very kind employer.
Then there's negotiating with upstream feeds.
And if you're planning to allow posting, adding a registration mechanism
to keep spambots from abusing the server.
--
Chris Dukes
"Let all the babies be born. Then let us drown those we do not like."