Old 17-07-2008, 11:14 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default fruit acidity

brian mitchell writes
Granity wrote:

A lot of low sugar jams merely use artificial sweetener instead of
sugar, my wife who tends to be on a permanent diet uses artificial
sweetener on things like strawberries and other raw fruit.

The few times I've tried artificial sweetener I've found it has an
unpleasant aftertaste. I suppose these things are all very subjective.

Not to mention the unpleasant taste while it's actually in your mouth!

My husband can't drink coffee without sweetener, I can't drink it with.

I think people are sensitive to different tastes - there's a chemical
taste to sweeteners that I (and presumably you) can taste but which my
husband can't.
--
Kay