Old 17-07-2008, 03:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ed Ed is offline

Default Blight again folks

On 16/07/08 14:57, Therefore wrote:
Hello
with regards to tomato and potato blight foliage.

I have read that all foliage should be put into the dustbin and other
advice to put in compost heap as blight only over winters on green plant
material.

What opinions if any do you folks have.

On my allotment, the experienced guys always leave the haulms to dry
off and then burn them. Or they bag them up, take them home and dispose
of them through the Council garden waste collection bins.

They never put them on the compost heap. They just think that it is not
worth taking any risks.

Ed