Old 07-04-2003, 11:08 PM
mad

Default New with questions!

i'm DEFINITELY interested in one that size, if it's deep enough. i could do
with a bigger pond, thought i don't have much space.
mad
--
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go."
Oscar Wilde

From: "Pickmaster"
Newsgroups: rec.ponds
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 01:44:40 -0500
Subject: New with questions!

What is that 600 gallon preformed made of? I didn't know that you could get
one that big for $ 100--

"DawgMichelle" wrote in message

Hi, everyone! I have been reading through this board and have decided to
jump in and get my feet wet!

I am planning to install a small pond in the next few weeks and have read a
lot on the subject over the past few years, but I would still appreciate any
advice, comments, or thoughts from you guys.

For around $100, I can get a 600 gallon preformed pond with waterfall, or a
1200 gallon liner with some other goodies (fountains, etc.). I know bigger
is almost always better, but what would be some advantages and disadvantages
to both types of ponds?

I have 3 goldfish that would go in the pond and I would also like a few
plants. I also wonder how deep I would need to make the liner pond in zone 5
for over wintering the fish and plants? Would two feet be sufficient?

Thanks!

Michelle