Old 17-07-2008, 07:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Slugs V Snails

On 17/7/08 15:43, in article , "John E"
wrote:

"Gordon H" wrote in message
During the 47 years I have lived in this property I have noticed that over
the years the pest population has changed from being almost entirely
slugs, to become almost entirely snails!

There are only a few slugs appear in my garden after a humid night, but
snails are everywhere.

Is it just that there is less homelessness today? ;-)

Maybe someone in the vicinity has been liming their soil. Thereby providing
the snails with the wherewithal to build their house.

John

Not a sub-prime mortgage area, then. ;-)

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com