Old 17-07-2008, 10:01 PM posted to rec.gardens
Zootal[_3_] Zootal[_3_] is offline

Default Steer compost in garden

I have a truckload of the stuff sitting out front. It looks like slightly
dried and aged steer manure, I'm not sure how much it's been "composted".
I'm guessing it might be a bit hot and should be used sparingly. Anyone have
experience with this stuff?

"Zootal" wrote in message
There is a bark place down the road that sells mushroom compost and steer
compost. Is this stuff good for the garden? Can I use it like compost and
heap it on the ground around plants and trees?