Old 17-07-2008, 10:27 PM posted to rec.gardens
Bill[_13_] Bill[_13_] is offline

Default Steer compost in garden

In article ,
"Zootal" wrote:

I have a truckload of the stuff sitting out front. It looks like slightly
dried and aged steer manure, I'm not sure how much it's been "composted".
I'm guessing it might be a bit hot and should be used sparingly. Anyone have
experience with this stuff?

"Zootal" wrote in message
There is a bark place down the road that sells mushroom compost and steer
compost. Is this stuff good for the garden? Can I use it like compost and
heap it on the ground around plants and trees?

Dump it into a pyramid shaped pile. Add two steer horns and cover
with a tarp. Remove in 3 .3 decades and spread it about . The horns
should be filled with sand.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rudolf_Steiner

Na just spread the shit about. You seem to be well on your way.

Bill who has a horn in water in my basement for about 30 years.

--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA