Old 17-07-2008, 07:37 PM posted to rec.gardens.roses
Charles[_1_] Charles[_1_] is offline

Default Rugosa Roses in So California

On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 20:06:21 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

I am in Santa Barbara, CA and am interested in planting some Rugosas
in my landscaping and am wondering if there is anyone in SO CAL that
has tried any, either with success or failure. All of the info I've
found is to hardiness in cold climates. While it does freeze here and
get into the 90's in our little microclimate, I'm wondering if I can
rely on the size info. And, do they even grow here? If so, I'm having
a hard time understanding why I haven' t come across any in
landscapings or even at nurseries in my area. Can anyone give me any
clarity, or direct me to a source that can help me choose the best
types for here? Thanks a bunch

Try calling Otto and Sons Nursery in Fillmore, they should know

http://www.ottoandsons-nursery.com/otto-who.htm

Nice place to visit as well.