Old 17-07-2008, 11:48 PM posted to aus.gardens
0tterbot 0tterbot is offline

Default Poppy issue

"0tterbot" wrote in message

an increasing
number of municipal tips will either allow you a discreet bit of foraging
or (more commonly now) they sell all the good stuff seperately nearby -

Our local tip has lots of signs saying "No Scavenging" but we still do it
as do lots of others.

(ahem) me too.
apparently the signs are for legal reasons - once you've read that you're
not allowed to forage, then you can go ahead & do so when nobody's looking

And, if you can't find what you want, you put in an
order with the tip attendant and he usually produces it next time you go
there.

it's quite a service!
i rather thought the tip should combine with that "men & sheds" thing
someone is trying to get up - one of their projects could be
restoring/making things out of all the good stuff!
kylie

My husband gave his bike pump away to some dopy Dutch tourist who had a
flat at our front gate (miles from the nearest garage and with no puch
bike pump on her bike). It took 2 weeks for the tip attendant to produce
a pump, just after my husband had bought a new one.