Old 17-07-2008, 07:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Maclaren Nick Maclaren is offline

Default Blight again folks

In article ,
"Bob Hobden" writes:

| Have you tried any of the Spraing resistant varieties of potato?
| I know they tend to be the common farming varieties and you like growing the
| more obscure types but anything is worth a try, even those varieties will
| taste a lot better grown yourself with TLC.

No, because I looked at them and none of them looked like varieties
that we would buy from choice. You are quite right that they would
taste better home-grown, but not enough to be worth the hassle.

Currently I am growing what was supposed to be Belle de Fontenay
(but isn't, though it is a waxy, cream-fleshed early) and Red Duke
of York, which we eat early. It's really only the potatoes grown
for keeping that get it badly.

Thanks for the list - I will take another look and see if there
is one that we would want to grow, but I am not optimistic.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.