Old 17-07-2008, 08:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Gordon H Gordon H is offline

Default Slugs V Snails

In message , "Robert (Plymouth)"
writes

"Stephen Wolstenholme" wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 17 Jul 2008 15:21:30 +0100, Gordon H
wrote:

During the 47 years I have lived in this property I have noticed that
over the years the pest population has changed from being almost
entirely slugs, to become almost entirely snails!

Is it just that there is less homelessness today? ;-)

The same has happened here (North Cheshire) and further North where my
mothers in Lancashire. The snail population has reached a very high
level over the last 10 years while slugs are getting quite rare.

Steve

They must have all moved south then where we have plenty of both.
Please supply sae for samples

Is that what they call "Snail mail"?
--
Gordon H