Old 18-07-2008, 12:48 AM posted to rec.gardens
Zootal[_3_] Zootal[_3_] is offline

Default Okra question

Due to a long cold wet spring and early summer (no global warming here!), I
started my okra in 4 inch deep pots, and I'm just now ready to put them out.
I understand okra does not transplant well. I can transplant them from the
pots with the entire dirt ball intact and undamaged, but am I correct in
assuming that I should not break apart the dirt balls that have two plants
in the same pot? How sensitive is okra to transplanting? Is it so sensitive
that I'm not likely to suceed even if I can put the dirtball in the soil
undisturbed?