Old 18-07-2008, 03:41 AM posted to rec.gardens
Chris[_14_] Chris[_14_] is offline

Default Neem oil as a repellant

On Jul 17, 10:37 pm, Jangchub wrote:
On Thu, 17 Jul 2008 18:01:05 -0700 (PDT), Chris

wrote:
On Jul 17, 12:16 pm, Jangchub wrote:
On Sat, 12 Jul 2008 10:40:53 -0700, "Zootal"

wrote:
I've read that Neem oil can be used as an insecticide as well as a
repellant. Has anyone here had experience using Neem oil to control cucumber
beetles? How well did it work, and will it work as a repellant as well as a
contact insecticide, IE will it repel bugs between applications?

Neem oil only works on certain insects which I don't recall the list.
To narrow it further, the insects it works on must ingest the neem oil
within a pretty short period after it is sprayed. It effects their
digestive system, but is not really all that great a product.

If you have infestations of any insects, you should check out the soil
because that is the underlying problem. There are many places online
where you can read about soil problems and their effect on plants,
particularly those which produce food.

Hi Jangchub,

Can you please look at the thread "Zucchini Again" and give me some
advice? Are those pumpkins or zukes?

Thanks for the help!

Chris

I already deleted it because it appeared it was answered, but post it
again if I didn't see something which wasn't addressed.

No one answered who had looked at the photos (

If you can give some advice I would love it!

Here's the post:

Anyway, here's a photo of the beast. This is a 4MB file...a smaller
one is below:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28163063@N08/2672340009/

Here's the 800k version of the photo listed above:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28163063@N08/2672352335/

And all the photos are here, with some foliage shots:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/28163063@N08/?saved=1

Chris