Old 18-07-2008, 09:08 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default A Buxus Problem, and a Pelargonium problem :-(

On 18/7/08 03:00, in article , "ZoeM"
wrote:

Many thanks everyone for your replies - I feel suitably chastised!

The odd thing is, that I have had 2 other box in pots for 7 years: I
have never repotted them, never added any fresh compost, and I give
them the odd seaweed/general plant food feed in the summer. And the
pelargoniums have been very happy for the past 5 years, until I started
giving them any attention!

The attention may well have been the problem for them i.e. too much water,
especially in this rather chilly, damp summer. They're probably better at
dealing with neglect than the box are but we all experience one plant
thriving while 2 feet away an identical one appears to be struggling. Bit
like people, really!

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.com