Old 18-07-2008, 05:17 PM posted to rec.gardens
Bill[_13_] Bill[_13_] is offline

Default Steer compost in garden

In article
,
Billy wrote:

http://www.csiss.org/classics/content/8

Keep the feces out of the water. Feces on the land that is breaking
down not the problem. I have had many tons of chicken feces spread
about here in the past along with with wood chip it sort of invites a
vitality. I would not like it in my water supply .
So what is the problem? Perhaps long times of produce sitting about
and driven a few thousand miles. The labels in my supermarket suggest
when to sell by but not when they arrived. Then misted to suggest
fresh.

Bill

--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA