Old 18-07-2008, 05:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mary Fisher Mary Fisher is offline

Default My capsicum and other reports

I have a baby pepper!

About an inch diameter, hope it lasts long enough to grow.

So far I've done what folks here have said (apart from being on my knees,
that seemed a trifle excessive) and both the capsicum and aubergine are
flourishing. I love the aubergine flowers - velvet petals! But they're all
putting out a lot of stems, foliage and flowers. I wonder if I should be
thinning them, as with tomatoes? Can't leave it much longer, they'll be
without care except for watering while we're on the cruise.

By the way, the photinia which was broken and I asked about striking a
cutting - I put two slips in a pot of compost and one is obviously dead but
the other has retained its green stem and leaves, I'm hopeful. Where the
parent plant was broken a new twig grew and it has red leaves.

Mary