Old 18-07-2008, 02:41 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Raccoons Got Me

On Thu, 17 Jul 2008 12:42:08 EDT, wrote:

A skunk would be a disaster, never caught one. Can they climb a board fence?

Nope, skunks are lousy climbers, they prefer to dig under if they can. So
you're safe.

Hmnn. I suppose I'd try to throw a blanket over the trap, with a slit in the
blanket so I could grab the top handle, then somehow transport the trap to a
truck bed for its ride out to the country. Then a bath.

My son & husband were telling me that myth busters did a test with caged
skunks, apparently they wanted to collect the spray. ??? After 13 skunks
they gave up, as none would spray. I'm quite sure if I caught one, it
would... isn't that how it goes, when you don't want it to happen?

Let us know how the electrical trick works!
John Darnielle

Will do. DS did a wonderful job, neat and hardly noticeable, and total cost
was only $55 w/tax. Cheaper than a motion sprinkler. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds:
www.jjspond.us