Old 18-07-2008, 10:40 PM
beccabunga beccabunga is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fido View Post
I have one young rose bush (of many) that is perfectly healthy (no weevil
holes in buds, leaves dark green and healthy). However, the big fat buds are
not opening -- gorgeous blooms last year! I have picked one and carefully
opened the petals, all healthy. I have picked one and placed it in water,
and still it does not open. What could be causing this?
Very possibly the recent heavy rains and cold weather. Try gently breaking the seal on the outer petals, which can prevent the flower expanding.