Old 18-07-2008, 07:46 PM posted to rec.gardens
Buderschnookie[_2_] Buderschnookie[_2_] is offline

Default Need help with New Guinea Impatiens

"Jane" wrote in message
news:f5c1d7a0-3b71-40c7-b5a8- The plant is in a large pot. Up until two
days ago it looked great.
Lots of flowers, dark green leaves and plenty of buds. Then I noticed
that the leaves started to point upward - almost like they were
folding in prayer. Many of the flowers have faded, although there are
still some and still buds that look OK so far. I put my glasses on
and took a close look. I don't see any signs of insects or fungus.

I have seen other plants do this as a result of heat stress. They are trying
to minimize the leaf surface area exposed to the sun.
Do they go back to normal overnight?

--
Toni
Hills of Kentucky