Old 07-04-2003, 11:32 PM
mad

Default New with questions!

the only reason i have a preform--actually a 300 gal stock tank--is because
i don't have room for anything bigger, unless it was truly oval shaped. i
have found that with my above-ground set up, i have never had any animals in
the pond, chasing the fish or tearing up the plants; one exception--my
neighbor's dog, and i thought she was going to beat the dog to death getting
him out of there. he hasn't been back in.
and, of course, now that i have written this down i have probably jinxed it
all...
mad
--
See my zone 8B pond:
http://community.webshots.com/album/14478479WdPMkPBPmt

From: (DawgMichelle)
Newsgroups: rec.ponds
Date: 07 Apr 2003 20:15:16 GMT
Subject: New with questions!

Hi, Jan! Thanks for all the info and I enjoyed all your pics and website!!

I will continue to check out liners and look in to bubblers or a cover for
winter.

As for my goldfish, they aren't fantails -- they were 12 cent feeder fish I
"rescued" from a pet store. They have all been in the same aquarium for
almost two years and I haven't seen babies YET, but I've had fish forever, so
know that could change quickly in a decent environment.

I really want to keep my budget as small as possible right now. I may just
start buying by the piece and begin this fall or next spring.

I guess that was my main reason for the pre-form -- quick and cheap. I do
know, however, that it wouldn't be the BEST choice.

Thanks, again!!

Michelle