Old 18-07-2008, 10:44 PM posted to rec.gardens
Zootal[_3_] Zootal[_3_] is offline

Default Okra question

I love okra, I never had a problem in the past transplanting okra. I
stopped growing them in Michigan. I found that they do not grow well
below 80 degrees. Also I found that I needed at least a dozen plants
just to have one tiny meal each week. I may try again in the future
except in raised beds with row covers that keep the soil and plants
warmer.

Enjoy Life ... Dan

--

In the past, I've had the same problem. Our warm season does not last very
long, and even in July our average temps are in the upper 70s or lower 80s.

Have you grown more then one in the same pot, and then seperated them out
when transplanting?