Old 18-07-2008, 08:33 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Tomes[_2_] Tomes[_2_] is offline

Default Mower problem

"Matchman" ...
Hairy;804140 Wrote:
"Matchman" ...-

Hi!
This is my first post to this site. I have an old Lawnflite 548 ride
on
mower.Starts Ok and runs but when I mow my sloping field it plays up.
mow across, and it is ok if leaning slightly to the left, but when I
turn and it is leaning to the right it splutters, won't rev and then
stalls. As a result I have to mow forwards then backwards which is a
nuisance. It has only recently starting doing this. Can anyone help?
Thanks

Does it have a safety interlock switch in the seat?

Hi! Hairy 804140-Yes it does, engine stops when seat rises, but why
would it only cause a problem if the mower is leaning right?

If the switch is on the left side of the seat, when your buttocks moves to
the right it might be torqueing the seat a bit and opening that switch. I
would try bypassing the switch for a short while to see if it has an effect.
Tomes -who has bypassed this switch entirely