Old 18-07-2008, 11:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] helene@urbed.coop is offline

Default rose question....

On 17 Jul, 16:12, "Fido" wrote:
I have one young rose bush (of many) that is perfectly healthy (no weevil
holes in buds, leaves dark green and healthy). However, the big fat buds are
not opening -- gorgeous blooms last year! *I have picked one and carefully
opened the petals, all healthy. I have picked one and placed it in water,
and still it does not open. What could be causing this?

I've have the same problem with our passifloras - so so so so slow
opening this year, and many still don't. From where I'm standing I
blame the lack of sun. What about you? Are you getting lots of rain
too?