Old 19-07-2008, 01:41 AM posted to rec.gardens
Jane Jane is offline

Default Need help with New Guinea Impatiens

On Jul 18, 2:46 pm, "Buderschnookie" wrote:
"Jane" wrote in message

news:f5c1d7a0-3b71-40c7-b5a8- The plant is in a large pot. Up until two
days ago it looked great.

Lots of flowers, dark green leaves and plenty of buds. Then I noticed
that the leaves started to point upward - almost like they were
folding in prayer. Many of the flowers have faded, although there are
still some and still buds that look OK so far. I put my glasses on
and took a close look. I don't see any signs of insects or fungus.

I have seen other plants do this as a result of heat stress. They are trying
to minimize the leaf surface area exposed to the sun.
Do they go back to normal overnight?

--
Toni
Hills of Kentucky

I don't think so. They are still pointing upward even after being in
the shade for hours, although even in the shade it's been hot.

I can't really know what happens during the night. By the time I get
up they are in full sun.