Old 19-07-2008, 02:56 AM posted to rec.gardens
Zootal[_3_] Zootal[_3_] is offline

Default Okra question

I planted a row of okra this year. In Minnesota. It's been just sitting
there a few inches tall, waiting for the weather to get hot. We had a
couple of hot humid days with warm muggy nights this week, and the okra
(and pumpkin and tomato) plants about doubled in size in two days. They
might do something this year after all...

Bob

Funny you should mention that...I went out into the garden yesterday, and
much to my surprise I found my eggplants had all shot up about 6-8 inches.
They have been sitting at 3-4 inches for a few weeks now, just sitting there
being eaten by the bugs. Then some warm weather moved in, and they just
exploded out of the ground, practically overnight. They are literally
growing an inch or more a day.

Alas, my okra (the first planting) is sitting at three inches waiting for
warmer weather...