Old 19-07-2008, 04:53 AM posted to rec.gardens
Chris[_14_] Chris[_14_] is offline

Default Neem oil as a repellant

On Jul 18, 9:42 pm, Jangchub wrote:
On Fri, 18 Jul 2008 16:49:03 -0700 (PDT), Chris

wrote:
The weird thing is that there were straight from Burpee. Now I cannot
find the seed packet- I must have finished it off. Oh well, live and
learn.

Chris

Now, the trick is to pick them before they get too big. If you knew
the size they were supposed to be you could gauge their size at
capacity, but zukes can get very bitter if you leave them to grow too
large. They also can get woody and just impossible to eat.

So, for this year, harvest them at the same size as the one you cut
up, provided it is good tasting. If it is not, you should harvest
them when they are smaller. Baby vegetables are a delicacy in some
hoi palloy eateries. Feh. Not you, the palloy!

Thanks! Yup, gonna steam them tomorrow and see what they're like.

Chris