Old 19-07-2008, 08:10 AM posted to alt.agriculture.fruit,rec.gardens,rec.gardens.edible,sci.agriculture.fruit
sherwindu sherwindu is offline

Default Asian pear question

JS wrote:

I have few asian pear trees on my backyard (Hosui and 20th
century).According the information I found on the internet, the harvest time
for the fruits is mid-August,Does this mean they become totally ripened at
that time? or it is time to pick them up, and bring insidethe house - to
prevent insect damage ? I have noticed last year that insects destroyed
several fruits. Does this mean I picked them too latein the season? Thanks in
advance, JIMMY

Jimmy,

Pears are a fruit that should be rippened off the tree. After they start
to feel a bit soft at the stem, take them inside and let them ripen off
the tree.

Sherwin