Old 19-07-2008, 06:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] helene@urbed.coop is offline

Default Allotments

On 19 Jul, 18:03, "Pete C" wrote:
Will soon need a mortgage to buy veg! And supermarket stuff is cr*p.

I'm single, so I think a lottie would be too big for my needs. I'm trying to
find someone to share.............if I can get one!

Excellent! But at an average of £20/year to rent a 10 rods, even if
you think that could be too big, don't! You will soon find you can
grow lots of stuff, and go on trying and experimenting even more. I
now regret having given away my other half. It was at a time when I
became terribly busy at work and felt sorry for the hundreds on a
waiting list to get a plot. Now, if only I could put my hands back on
that other half!!! Friends are flocking to it now, just to sit and
admire and nible at the produce. You could soon find someone to help
you I'm sure. Also you can green manure beds you don't use, you can
grow flowers too which is very beneficial ... Listen to me!! Get a
whole one if you can. You won't regret it! I bet you're planning what
to grow now. Isn't it just great ;o)