Old 20-07-2008, 04:25 AM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Steve[_2_] Steve[_2_] is offline

Default Oncidium question

Jane wrote:
I bought an oncidium. According to "Understanding Orchids", it's an
oncidium Pokie "Leuticke's Choice".

Hi Jane. Is "Understanding Orchids" a book? If I'm understanding you
correctly and you have identified your plant's name by matching it to a
picture in a book, I would bet the farm that you have chosen the wrong
name. There may be a hundred other Oncidium crosses that match the
picture in the book equally well. (If your plant came with a tag, that's
another story.)

How did I go from one orchid to nine in less than a year?? I guess
I'm hooked.

Yeah, probably.
You think now that your space is limited and you can't add very many
more. I used to think that. Then I made a nice shelf in my office that
fits a corner set of windows and I had room for several more. All set...
for a while. Then I turned on a set of 8 fluorescent tubes in the
basement. All the room I would ever need... until I needed to add a 400
W Metal Halide bulb and some more fluorescents. 12 tubes this time. Then
the 800 W combo light...

Steve