Old 08-04-2003, 12:20 AM
Lisa Tetzlaff

Default Yellowing lily leaves

Just a thought. What is your PH? Mine usually runs high, which is not a
problem except that any kind of change in the ecosystem of the pond such as
tempature effects the plants more than usual.
"Fred" wrote in message
Hey all,

Living in San Diego (Zone 9/10) I've got a lily that began sprouting

leaves
about 2-3 weeks ago. However, the first few that came up are now turning
yellow and dying in the order in which they came up. Our weather hasn't
been that extreme - certainly no frosts with average temps in the mid to
high 60's, peaking into the 70s. Water chemistry, other than being a bit
hard (typical of san diego water), is all within normal limits.

Any ideas? Is this a sign of fertilization needs? Anything else?

While I'm at it, I've got an umbrella plant and Cyperus that were quite

full
and prolific last fall, but have since lightened their color quite a bit

and
a number of stalks are browning. Is this a normal reaction to the winter?
Should I cut the old growth back?

Obviously, relatively new to water gardening,

Fred