Old 20-07-2008, 09:27 AM posted to rec.gardens
Charles[_1_] Charles[_1_] is offline

Default Ground Cover

On Sun, 20 Jul 2008 02:17:32 +0000 (UTC), (Dick
Adams) wrote:

I plan to sell my house in 2009. The grass, front
and back, is a bad mix of whatever. Rather than
having it torn up and relaced with rolls of grass,
I'd like to tear it up and replace it with plugs
of groud cover. I am completely ignorant of ground
cover and would appreciate suggestions.

Dick

I would think that grass would have better sales value that some other
ground cover. Ask some local realtors for their opinion. If I were
buying and saw something other than grass I'd wonder about upkeep or
the cost of removing it and replacing it with something else.

You might try overseeding it with some grass mix selected to do well
in your area, water it well and mow often.